What to Expect: Scheduling Your Appointment
Health insurance coverage constantly changes. Once you’ve scheduled your appointment, our staff will need to gather important referral and insurance information.
We want to ensure that all your insurance requirements have been met prior to your first visit and treatment. Please verify coverage and eligibility requirements with your insurance carrier.
If You Can’t Make It: Appointment Cancellation
- We require 24 hours of any change or cancellation of appointments by calling 616-406-0102. This gives us the opportunity to use the time to care for other patients. Please be reminded that it is very important that you keep your appointment as scheduled.
If appointments are missed or cancelled, you may be charged a $25 fee.
During severe weather please call our office ahead to verify we are still open.
What to Expect: Your First Orthopedic Visit
For medical/legal reasons you must bring in two forms of identification:
- Insurance card
- Picture ID (Drivers License, Passport, Work ID)
- Return patient: arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- New patients: arrive at least 30 minutes before your appointment time. If your dominant arm is also injured, please bring someone with you to help fill out the paperwork.
- You may download and pre-fill out the general info form by clicking on this LINK
- When you arrive your doctor may require x-rays to be taken (based on the reason for your appointment) of the affected site to expedite diagnosis.
- Please plan 1 to 1 ½ hours for your total visit.
- A registered nurse or physician will take and/or verify your personal and clinical history.
- You will meet your orthopedic specialist, and depending on your diagnosis, your doctor will discuss treatment and/or surgical options.
What to Expect: Dress For Your Office Visit
Because of the nature of our treatment, especially when x-rays or cast work is needed, please bring shorts if you have a knee, foot problem.
Bring your shoe inserts/custom foot orthoses. If a runner, bring your running shoes.