About the Founder
Dr. James Pouillon knows the importance of pain-free and proper strides. The former member of a national cross country team who also earned All American Honors in the marathon, as well as competing in triathalons keeps his own feet in optimal performance condition.
Most folks, though, pay more attention to the tires on their car than on the brilliantly engineered but often overlooked foot.
By the time clients arrive at the Foot Center, they’re often in unbearable pain. Relieving that pain with his excellent analysis, practical review of options and friendly bedside manner is what makes Dr. James happy.
Our job is making people feel good, and that’s what I love about my job.
Dr. Pouillon honed his podiatric skill in the Navy, where he quickly became a valued asset after a surgical residency at the VA Maryland Healthcare System in Baltimore MD. He initiated and developed a full service podiatric clinic for active and retired military personnel at the Naval Ambulatory Care Center’s Orthopedic Department in Newport, Rhode Island. He became especially known for his sports medicine, orthotic casting, diabetic foot care management, and for his expertise in treating arthritic conditions, heel pain and foot surgery. His service in the Navy won him a Naval Achievement Medal and a National Defense Medal. He is also a graduate of the US Army Airborne School.
Dr. Pouillon is expert at biomechanics, and has achieved every conceivable qualification, including a Diplomate in the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
However, he treats surgery as an absolute last resort and the sole election of his patients, respecting that many people prefer alternate care plans.
I explain the nature of the problem and the treatment plan in plain English and make sure (patients) understand all their options. I don’t push any particular option but I do tell people what I’d do if it were MY foot.
In 2003, the Michigan native returned to the Mid-West to open the Foot Center. He created a comfortable, world class clinic where clients can expect the old-fashioned caring approach coupled with cutting edge expertise.
In 2007, Dr. Pouillon joined RVO (River Valley Orthopedics) to head their Foot/Ankle treatment section.
After 10 years, in 2107, Dr. Pouillon once again is taking his expertise back into private practice with his new Ivanrest Foot and Ankle Specialists (mifootcenter.com) in Grandville, MI.
• Bachelor of Science – Siena Heights University, Adrian, MI 1994
• Doctor of Podiatric Medicine – Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, OH 1998
• Podiatric Primary Care Residency, VA Maryland Healthcare System, Baltimore, MD 1999
• Podiatric Surgical residency, VA Maryland Healthcare System, Baltimore MD 2000
• American Podiatric Medical Association
• Michigan Podiatric Medical Association
• American College of Podiatric Practice Management
• Board Certification, Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
• Fellow American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
• Ironman Triathlon Lake Placid 2001, Finisher
• John F. Kennedy 50 Mile Marathon, Maryland 1998, Finisher
• All American Honorable Mention 1991 NJCAA Marathon
• Cross Country and Track, Lansing Community College and Siena Heights University
• Participated in and completed numerous other marathons and triathlons